Announcing: Half-Term Events & A Special Valentine’s Event
We’re running two themed weeks of events, covering both East and West Sussex half term dates between 14th – 27th February 2022. We’ll also be holding a Valentine’s event where you and your loved ones complete a scavenger hunt with the reward of feeding & cuddling with our sheep.
Wildlife Week (East Sussex Half Term)
- Build a small insect house that you can take home with you and leave in your garden for little critters and crawlers to enjoy!
- Help build our big Bug Tower to transform it into a home and playground for the farm’s bugs; gather loose sticks, leaves, moss, stones and any other bits and bobs from nature you find and add it to the Tower.
- Visit our bee stands to learn all about the wonder of bees and how important they are to our environment – and what you can do to protect them.
- Visit the hedgehog stand to find out more on these cute, spiky garden visitors and how you can help them thrive.
- Meet our guests from the British Wildlife Centre (Friday-Sunday) who’ll be there to answer your questions about local wildlife, give advice and inspire you to get involved.
- Enjoy a spot of pond dipping, courtesy of our friends at the RSPCB Wildlife Charity; using nets provided, dip into our pond trays and post your findings to the RSPCB website.
Teddy Bear Scavenger Hunt (West Sussex Half Term)
We need your help!
Meadow the teddy has lost all her family pictures – they were caught in the wind and blown across the farm, so we need lots of helpful hunters to find them – bring your own teddy to help with the hunt too.
We also need your help to find Buttercup too – she’s the bear with the golden bow! She went out looking for Meadow’s pictures, but as she only has little legs, it’s taking her a very long time. If you can find her, she’ll gift her helpers an extra special pot of honey.
That’s not all:
- Our Hay Play Barn will be decorated with bunting and teddy bears ready for you to bring your teddy bear picnic along with you or if you prefer you can grab a lunchbox from our tearoom
- Bring your teddy bear along to hear an exciting story at our Teddy Bear Storytime, starting at 1pm every day.
- Get creative and craft your own teddy bear mask to take home with you.
Valentine’s Couples Scavenger Hunt
- Couple up with a loved one and roam the farm to complete lots of scavenger hunt tasks, like snapping selfies with certain animals or braving a ‘trust fall’ in the Hay Play Barn – and many more.
- Complete the scavenger hunt and you’ll be rewarded with the chance to feed one of our sheep and enjoy some cuddle time (yes – it’s as blissful as it sounds!)
All of this, including access to the normal Open Farm animal sessions, meet and greets and feeding, will be available at the price of a regular ticket.
Even better, the price includes access to Middle Farm for the entire day…
That means you can spend the day leisurely exploring our Farm Shop full to the rafters with locally sourced fresh produce and a huge array of cheeses, our picturesque Gift Shop brimming with thoughtful gift ideas and traditional children’s toys, our ever-evolving range of ciders and perries in our unique Cider Barn and our additive-free meat and poultry, including home-produced, grass-fed beef (hung for up to 60 days) in our traditional Butcher’s Shop.
Relax with a cup of tea or coffee and a slice of homemade cake, or savour our hot locally made pasties in our Tea Room. (Tasty and healthy menu options available for children too). Explore our indoor hay play barn, outside play area, and of course, see all our delightful farm animals (rabbits, llamas, pigs, sheep, goats, rheas, ducks and so much more).
We look forward to seeing you for two fun-packed Half Term and Valentine’s events!